When I arrived in Pittsburgh, I ASSUMED that everyone here was a steel working party going Steeler's fan..We aren't they?
To some degree yes, but what I found was this.
Four Years ago to the day I arrived in Pittsburgh. I have had my ups and downs, good and bad, death and births and lived well.
I have a different perspective on things and life being from the west coast area. We are just a little more laid back, a little money and goal oriented and business minded as well... I thought.
Now although I cant stereotype West Coasters any more than Pittsburgh-ers, I am generalizing all of my thoughts.
Now don't take that as a negative, but I have my ways of doing things as well.. The way I speak, market, walk, talk, dress, etc. and It is different from yours.
Learning from each other has been the goal, when Pittsburgher's let their hair down, un-wadded their panties and realized there was a new kid in town, and she is NOT LEAVING then the lines of communication were opened and you found me to be an amazing addition to this city.
Did I change..somewhat yes, I let my hair down as well, presumably from the laid back atmosphere of the West to the cold grey sky's of the east. I changed to adapt my thoughts and designs to mold around you. I am an implant, an immigrant as are all of you when your relatives settled here.
Now this is a good mesh.. someone who has skills from the West mixed with the traditional ways of the east. You have taught me, I have taught you, we are a good match.
A perfect storm.
Thank you Pittsburgh for trying something new, for allowing an outsider to settle into your town, restore your history and believe in your values. Trying something new is what I did when I went East Four years ago, I wanted something different, and Little did I know when I left the West, The storm brewed as I was the outsider.. but Different and delightful is what I got!
No comments:
Post a Comment