Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Settling your Obligations.

In life we are all obligated to do certain things, From a certain age, we are taught to Work, Go to School,  Get Married, Have children, Buy a house..etc.

We then can add to those obligations by adding in our favorite things to do.

If you were to take a Pickle Jar, add golf balls, those should in no time fill up the jar. and they do for the most part.

But if you add in Pebbles, they somehow seems to fit in between the cracks of the larger balls. you would think that the jar would be full at that point.

But you still have room for sand.  it fills in all the holes and nothing else can be put into your jar.

BUT WAIT!

You still can pour a glass of chocolate milk in the jar and it all fits.

Moral to the story.

Start your life out with the necessities, the golf balls represent the work, home, children, and the IMPORTANT things we all need for daily survival.

The Pebbles, represents  the things you like to do, hand gliding, scuba, seeing providers, your hobbies.  Less important, but a necessary evil for making you happy.

The Sand fills in the cracks, those are things like vacations, hang with friends, drinking a cold beer. Connecting with old friends, a golf game.  Again this makes you happy and well rounded. Puts the icing on the cake.

And finally, the chocolate milk.

That one I threw in because one cannot be totally happy without chocolate!!


This story was told to me by someone who reminded me that I have the life of a well rounded person.

Golf Balls - I have family and Friends with whom I love. I am blessed.
Pebbles - I have a great job (real job) which I am able to enhance my creative skills.
Sand- Being a provider, completes the package because I get to see great men who adore me and spoil me.
and I like Chocolate!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get it baby! :-D

P