Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day my Lovers


Perhaps



Likely it seems to be wandering.

Through the memories and the haze. Through time and space to the very end of our goodwill.

Whatever can we be now that we have evolved into, what? Friends, confidants?
I think not… I think not of an era but a time long ago.

Who were we then? Were we lovers, friends?  Were we acquainted? Was I your dog you my horse?

Did we tilt at windmills rising to battle?

Was I your slave…your master?

Were you covered in rags and existing in a hovel while I dined with fine ladies and gentlemen?
Or, were you covered in taffeta and lace, rustling through the rooms as though you were afloat.

Seems distant to say so now.
Seems far away and long ago when last we met.
Yet here you are once again. Here you are my friend.
Friends through eternity. Friends and confidants.

Perhaps lovers long, long ago. Perhaps…but always friends.
Perhaps the time has not slipped us by. Perhaps we are eternal.
Perhaps you are a dream and will be gone when hence my eyes open.
Perhaps…we will continue until ever comes to us.
Perhaps. Yet you will always be in my heart and thoughts.
As friends can love, as friends can be loved…

No comments: