Well I don't do this very often, and when I do, I truly mean this from my heart.
I was hesitant to come to Maine for a Tour and to vacation. I was getting packed and my insides were turning as the fear of the unknown was approaching me. I have never been to Maine before and it has always been on my bucket list, so off I go, flinging myself off a cliff and taking the "Charlottes GYPSY way" and trusting in God that I will be okay.
As I drove thru the countryside up to Maine, I knew the familiar sites up to Boston, but I had not prepared myself for the beauty that lie ahead in Maine.
The Pine trees filled my senses, The coastal waters, the fishing towns, the LOBSTER..
Good god why had I now come up here before?
This is what I have done in the week that I have been here
1. Met some incredibly hungry men with the Grace and Gentleman's attitude that would make any Red blooded American woman with Red hair swoon with desire and devour them completely. I soaked in the accents, the hunger, the country boy attitudes and the small town peace that they brought to me.
I spent several days going to fishing villages, eating the food, the fish, lobster, chowders, and watching my friends show off as tour guides as they debated the best beer in Maine.
I filled my Truck to the brim of period 1800/1900's antiques that I am still on cloud 9 over.
New Victorian Screen door
Handcarts I am making a Coffee Table out of from the late 1800's
Victorian Lighting for the complete outside of my house from a 1898 house
Candlestick holders that used to be old railings from a farm house in the 1700's
Apple baskets and porcelain pots
Gold Frames for mirrors and pictures from the 1850's
Barn doors and tracts from an old barn from the 1800's
A antique purse and mirror set
on and on
But most of all, I am bringing back peace, love and the understanding of where we came from, the history of our country is prevalent in this part of the country.
Maine men, I adore you. I envy you for your love of this country and I hand it to you.. You brave the winters I would not care to do, but I will be back in the summers, to soak up your sun and bring you my love.
Thank you!



No comments:
Post a Comment